What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Completed Meshify C, 8700K - my journey to a custom loop

Lysrin

Could you not have just taken the filter out of the front? You can pop it right out without taking off the whole front. Unless you needed some other access, I guess.

Otherwise, looking really interesting! I love the case, but only have an AIO up top.

I had an AIO up top too before starting this adventure. And I did try just the mesh off first, but then I felt like I wanted a little more visibility so took the rest off too. It wasn't too big a deal, just would have been nice if they had made it so it could simply be unplugged and removed.

JD, I will try those 90 fitting options. I'm not sure they will work, the picture doesn't show the odd angle well. I may have to do the freehand bend option. And square up the res? Not sure what you mean but I can't turn it any farther because then the 90 for the outlet hits the case shroud.

JD

Staff member
And square up the res? Not sure what you mean but I can't turn it any farther because then the 90 for the outlet hits the case shroud.
Yeah, I meant somehow align it more at 90 degree angles. Perhaps move it up a bit too?

Another choice would be to mount it to the rear 120mm fan?

But yes, it's a very tight case :bleh:

Lysrin

I checked the rear fan mount option: even though I bought the shortest res with a d5 pump it's too tall with top rad cooling too. Total height with the bracket is about 18cm and I'd have a max of about 13cm if mounted on the rear fan, maybe a little less realistically. Most of the builds I've seen mounted up there use the smaller pump type.

And looking at the fittings I have... I don't have 90s that connect to each other, or at least I don't think. I just have 90s that are the male on one end and then the compression sleeve on the other. I think I need additional parts to connect them together? Not sure I want to start buying more parts already. At least not until I'm beaten ;)

sswilson

Staff member
I have also learned this is a huge design/layout exercise. I have put the same things in and out and just sat staring and puzzling for I don't know how long! Fun but whew!

I'll get some pics up hopefully today but I just wanted to let you know it's actually happening. I'm excited and terrified all at the same time! :bleh:

Heh... glad to hear you're finally jumping in, and yeah... that sounds like a pretty good description of the process I go through. :)

I'm sure it's not the same with hard tubing, but personally I find Version 1.0 lasts for about a month before I decide I need to switch things around a bit for V 2.0. :)

Bartacus

Congrats on finally getting your butt moving on this Lysrin. :biggrin:

In your situation, one solution that may help is extension fittings. Looking at your last pic, if you had an extension fitting on the reservoir with a 90 degree fitting pointing UP leading to the tube fitting, you might be able to poke it out enough for those 2 to intersect 'cleanly' at a nice 90 degree angle, if that makes any sense.

JD

Staff member
And looking at the fittings I have... I don't have 90s that connect to each other, or at least I don't think. I just have 90s that are the male on one end and then the compression sleeve on the other. I think I need additional parts to connect them together? Not sure I want to start buying more parts already. At least not until I'm beaten ;)
I thought I told you to buy some ;)

Since it looks like your doing chrome, these: https://www.dazmode.com/store/shop/...adapters/angled-90adapter-fitting-g14-chrome/. While a little more susecptible to leakage I guess, I only use those + straight tube fittings. Then it gives me the option to do these weird multi-bend fitting stacks.

Something like this: https://www.dazmode.com/store/shop/...s/penta-rotary-extender-90-180-degree-silver/ might help to get things into a straight line so you can connect it with a small piece of tubing too.

Do you still have your soft tubing as well? A small piece of that might work here too. Might need to soak it in some hot water to make it a bit more pliable first.

Lysrin

Yes JD you very likely told me to buy some and I got confused thinking the 90 degrees I bought were what you meant. I have also discovered that actually working with this stuff and having it in your hands finally starts to make things click and you start to see where and why you need different parts and pieces! At least that is how it is going for me. I read a tonne of stuff, your guys' answers to my questions, watched videos and only now am I starting to get all the intricacies.

And yes, thanks Bartacus; I'm pleased my butt is finally moving too! :haha:

So good suggestions! After fitting and figuring again tonight I am altering my plan. I was able to raise the pump/res a bit allowing me to square it up and get the out port above the shroud. I did it by just sliding it up in the holder a bit, maybe 5-8mm, so it'll still be secure I think once tightened.

I've also decided I'm not too keen on the big 90s everywhere, so I have gone back to just the small fittings and I am going to try and make it work with bends in the tubing. That is more the look I want and all chrome 90s was a bit overpowering I thought. The run between the front rad and the in port on the pump is still going to be tricky... I'll find out how tricky when I start bending!

I also puzzled and puzzled about routing down in behind the pump/res to get the drain in there somewhere and I just couldn't see a way to make it work. So I am changing to what you see in the pics below. Since the Bitspower drain piece I bought is small and looks nice, I'm not going to try and hide it. This is similar to what I saw a guy on reddit do with his build, so not taking credit for the idea. It still gets my drain point to nearly the lowest point in the loop, still looks good imo (appreciate to hear what you guys think) and I think cleans up the loop layout a fair bit. Also leaves me some more space underneath for cables.

Also cut my first piece of tubing and fitted it together. Cut it too short, the GPU was not secured where it should have been, so its a do-over but good experience! lol

On to the pics:

Adjusted position of the res/pump. I can still get the lid off the res... barely.

diBf8GW.jpg

Updated position looking towards the front rad fitting. Tight bend... we'll see.

xLXMqgk.jpg

It'll end up being about a 45 degree bend to come from the out port to the three-way splitter, and I am hoping for it to run along, almost on, the shroud.

9D6ETcB.jpg

First cut and chamfered tube. Look OK?

ta5Ixut.jpg

And this is how the drain looks in place, the Bitspower drain fitting is on the left.

5M8nu9Q.jpg

Xyw0fMc.jpg

JD

Staff member
Is that drain fitting panel-mountable? You could always run a short piece of tube to the back of the case and drill out a hole to mount it (assuming there's enough space beside the PCI slots. Then you'd just need to tip the case over a bucket to drain.

If you put a 90 on the pump, it doesn't line up with the rad now? Looks like it would be pretty close.

Lysrin

Was a bit pricey danmitch1... Let's not talk about it... ;)

I don't believe the drain fitting is designed to be panel mounted. It's this one: https://www.dazmode.com/store/shop/watercooling/fittings/specialized-fittings/fill-drain-fittings/bitspower-liquid-drain-water-exhaust-fitting/

It might be possible to drill and mount it but it would certainly be a modding effort.

I just realised today while explaining something about the build to my wife that I have left precious little space to route the GPU cables... sigh...

About the 90 lining up, I think it will actually be farther out than in line with the rad port. I'll try fitting it again tonight to see, perhaps take a pick, but I think that is what I found with the original pump position when I was trying the 90s. Plus I'm just not in love with the look of the 90s in that spot.

Latest posts