What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Mini ITX Case confusion,

__BOB__

The Node 304 looks ok, I like the ft03 mini though, thanks for pointing it out. I actually am considering them if I end up in a larger case, but I was looking at the cases I listed as they look ridiculously tiny, and if I could I'd like to build a ridiculously tiny PC.

Luay79

I wouldn't get the mixt video cards because the cases you mention doesn't need them to be that small. The Zotacs offer a slightly bigger PCB that's equipped with two bigger fans and that makes for better temps and a quieter profile.

__BOB__

OH, and as someone mentioned I will be using and M.2 and probably add some ssds eventually. If I really need to I'll tape them on to the PSU or top of the case or something to get them to fit without blocking GPU airflow.

__BOB__

What do you guys think of the sg13 with the solid front panel? The mesh panel just looks odd and in the main thing throwing me off of it, but if I could use the solid panel I might go with it. And yes I'd get a normal size gpu for better cooling then.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Silverstone makes good cases, I've had a few. My wife's build is in a SG05 (similar in size to the SG13 but with a SFX powersupply) and I'd have no hesitation recommending any of their cases. If you haven't done a build in a mITX case before, be warned that they are very tight and I can almost guarantee you will take a chunk out of one of your fingers at one point. They are great once put together, but not something you want to be swapping parts out of on a regular basis.

__BOB__

OK, what would you guys think if I were to put a 1 fan thin rad 120 or 140mm AIO cooler, mITX 960/970 or small zotac 960/970 gpu, m.2 ssd and 2 2.5" ssds (room for 2 anyway), and a modular sfx psu, maybe sleeve my own cables and run them away of the air path, in the pc-q11 or U2S? I think we have established that the V3+ is too small to do what I want to do with it, unless I was a magician.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Both those cases take ATX size power supplies, not SFX. That's a good thing, as long as you order the right one. And I think I'd take the U2S over the Q11 because you can mount the AIO on the exhaust fan area and it will take a longer PSU.

Latest posts