What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

New Kicking Build is on nigh!

GeezerGamer

5950's have a lot of cores. 50c seems high, but if your full load is only high 60's low 70's I wouldnt worry too much about it. Also I agree with @sswilson that there is probably some default junk going on in your motherboard bios that could be raising temps, and preventing cores/ccx's from sleeping.

FYI, this is crazy! Idling away with Epic Game launcher open I'm at 60 C temps on CPU. I close it so it's running in the background and the temp lowers to 50ish C.
Now here's the kicker, I use Task Manager to end task and CPU temp goes down to upper 30's C.....!!!!!!!!
The above numbers based off of Aida 64. I just checked Ryzen Master and it shows my idle temps mid 30's C!
This pleases me:)

sswilson

Staff member
Yeah, I saw that over the last few days. I'd say it's probably happening to a lot of folks because of their 15 days worth of free giveaways. :)

GeezerGamer

Hiya, has anyone returned their AIO due to LED lights not working? Yesterday I noticed a LED or two on my Thermaltake AIO cooler head not working! It's basically a broken ring of light, Warranty should cover that right? I am not pleased at the prospect of swapping it out!

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
I would think it should be covered. Are you sure it's not a distinct lighting section that just happens to be turned off? (The Wraith Prism cooler has 3 distinct programmable areas).

GeezerGamer

I would think it should be covered. Are you sure it's not a distinct lighting section that just happens to be turned off? (The Wraith Prism cooler has 3 distinct programmable areas).
Thanks for your response. I'm a hundred percent sure it's not as you suggest.

GeezerGamer

I was prepared to call point of purchase tomorrow but I'll hold off seeing how after 48 hours I now have a fully illuminated ring on my AIO again!

GeezerGamer

Just wondering out loud if I did myself a disservice by turning down a Sapphire Nitro + 6900XT!....?

I'm going to stick out waiting for an Aorus 6800XT Master. That's $400 savings I could use elsewhere I guess.....yep

Still, I'm feeling somewhat deflated😏

Lysrin

Just wondering out loud if I did myself a disservice by turning down a Sapphire Nitro + 6900XT!....?

I'm going to stick out waiting for an Aorus 6800XT Master. That's $400 savings I could use elsewhere I guess.....yep

Still, I'm feeling somewhat deflated😏
YES!!! :p

Seriously, I would say it comes down to what it is worth to you. If the 6900XT isn't necessary in your build and you want or need the $400 for something else, then I'd say don't give it a second thought. Enjoy the 6800XT when it comes.