What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

Solace

The amount of Chinese branded garbage that exists on amazon.

Has anyone else noticed the trend whether if be kitchen appliances or a usb cable that these companies all follow the same format posting descriptions? I mean they could be using some standardized template but its more likely its just one organzation promoting different brand names for the same items with some minor variances. Primairly due to the fact over time enough "real" reviews occur and the rating drops to about 3.5 stars. Amazon seems to not give two shits about it and the end consumer suffers. Or perhaps they just try to trip each other off to the finest detail and literally copy/paste ads and change a few characters.

I'm on my 5th air fryer oven which is now Ninja brand after trying 4 knockoffs. The extra 150$ into a known brand is well worth the investment (less if I opted for the non thermometer model by 100$)

Mr. Friendly

I'm really annoyed at how AliE and Banggood are advertising to me. they don't seem to have taken any of my activity into consideration and just spam with with random garbage I have zero interest in. I've been looking at a lot of r/c stuff lately...some electronics, but not much as almost everything on there is no-name branded stuff I wouldn't think of spending that much coin on.

lowfat

Staff member
I use ublock origin element blocker to block 99% of the Ali front page. It is just garbage. And then they have those popups that you can't click out of for a few seconds. I don't get how they think customers want that crap.

lowfat

Staff member
Just watched Purolator attempt to deliver my new PSU to my neighbour. Wasn't in a Purolalator van or wearing a Purolator uniform so I wasn't sure. But then I check the tracking 'address correction required. receiver moved'. :mad:

gingerbee

I started tipping every delivery driver 5 bucks just to help them remember me and my address, it worked but I go through quite a bit of 5 dollar bills now lol

Soultribunal

Staff member
I just get all my personal packages delivered to my work. Saves me on hassles 100% of the time, and my Puro Driver at work loves me, I fix all his power equipment for him lol.

-ST