What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

Lysrin

Off topic to the current comments, but man I am tired of sites and apps "helping me" by serving me the content they think I'll like better or be more interested in.

All the social media sites do it. YouTube does it. News apps do it. It is to the point now that I do a mental calculation that goes "well, I'd like to read that article, seems interesting, but I'm not sure I want a feed FULL of those articles tomorrow. Meh, I guess I'm not that interested in it..." Scroll on. How stupid is that? The greatest advancement in information sharing and technology in decades, maybe ever, and we've reduced it to that. There was a TED talk a while back that talked about this issue with search engines and how it shapes our view of issues and topics.

I know there is more that goes on in the world than video cards, tech news, and the occasional astronomical discovery! ;)

Izerous

Folding Team
Off topic to the current comments, but man I am tired of sites and apps "helping me" by serving me the content they think I'll like better or be more interested in.

All the social media sites do it. YouTube does it. News apps do it. It is to the point now that I do a mental calculation that goes "well, I'd like to read that article, seems interesting, but I'm not sure I want a feed FULL of those articles tomorrow. Meh, I guess I'm not that interested in it..." Scroll on. How stupid is that? The greatest advancement in information sharing and technology in decades, maybe ever, and we've reduced it to that. There was a TED talk a while back that talked about this issue with search engines and how it shapes our view of issues and topics.

I know there is more that goes on in the world than video cards, tech news, and the occasional astronomical discovery! ;)
Printed news papers have been doing similar things. Where a newspaper serves different regions it will tweak contents, titles etc for the "target"

Lysrin

Printed news papers have been doing similar things. Where a newspaper serves different regions it will tweak contents, titles etc for the "target"
Yeah, I get that. It is all part of the marketing, advertising, various agendas, etc. I just hate it because you never really know whose version of the world you're looking at. But we all know that "unbiased" coverage or journalism is a thing of the past... if it even was a thing of the past. At least it appeared to exist when I was younger. Now agencies don't even try anymore lol

Shadowmeph

more often than not I get a warning tone on my laptop telling me that my Cell phone isn't connected to windows, and I am not sure why my Andriod phone would be connected to my laptop unless I am transferring files via cable or sometimes charging my phone, its irritating here that tone going off when I am elsewhere I can not figure out why it is doing this, Bluetooth is turned off

lowfat

Staff member
more often than not I get a warning tone on my laptop telling me that my Cell phone isn't connected to windows, and I am not sure why my Andriod phone would be connected to my laptop unless I am transferring files via cable or sometimes charging my phone, its irritating here that tone going off when I am elsewhere I can not figure out why it is doing this, Bluetooth is turned off
Could be this.

Shadowmeph

Worked 15 hours yesterday getting a report done that goes to the Feds. I'm beat. Tried to sleep in, but I'm so used to getting up at 6 or 7 I didn't have much luck.
I hate that I don't get to sleep until after 2 am but I always wake up between 6-8 sometimes I wake up at 333am then of course when Ido wake up I toss and turn even though I can sleep into 10 am I still get up no later than 930am. on some days I look like a drugging because of sunken eyes dark circles around my eyes hehe
I also find that on days where I can go to sleep early someone or something usually loud noises wakes me up and I cannot go back to sleep and it always seems to happen just as I am falling asleep its like something is watching me snickering while they wake me up lol

gingerbee

So the shit has kinda hit the fan at my house, My wife is very pissed at her mother who had to get tested for covid today cause she was hanging out with her friend who runs a moving/packing business and she never told her that she was the one going into customers homes to pack their stuff ( in Toronto ) cause she short staff. which means if she gives it to my wife then she won't be able to go to a conference that we have already paid for, oh ya it's in Florida lol. like I wasn't worried enough about my wife getting covid in Florida.

damn you covid, the health board said there doubtful that she has covid cause everyone is vaxxed up and it's against the odds but we will find out tomorrow

Izerous

Folding Team
Worked 15 hours yesterday getting a report done that goes to the Feds. I'm beat. Tried to sleep in, but I'm so used to getting up at 6 or 7 I didn't have much luck.
This sounds a lot like my experience with SRED reporting every year.

Mr. Friendly

grandson was playing with the quad hovercraft and it got mixed up into a bunch of dust fluff and hair and now two of the motor shafts are bound up and won't spin. I've just spent the last 20 minutes pulling hair off one of them and still nothing.

not mad at the kid, he didn't do anything wrong. but damned annoying as we only got to use it for about 30 minutes since yesterday evening!!!

Latest posts

Twitter