What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Gallery Slik's new Carbide Air 540 build

Killswitch

I heard a few guys around here were curious to know how this build was going to turn out..... so here she is!!
I really liked working with this case. Very easy to make a clean looking rig with everything hiding in the back, which is also fairly tidy in this particular build (sorry I didn't take any picks of the other side :sad:). There's tons of room to just bundle the cables and put a zip tie or two around them. Way easier than trying to keep everything semi-flattened out which sometimes tends to look messy no matter what the hell you do. :haha:

Overclocking the 4930K with the swiftech cooler was no problem. But the highest I could get without going stupid with the voltage in the few hours I played with it was 4.5 GHz @ 1.3V. All I did was bump the multi to 45, set LLC to "extreme" and CPU Current Capability to 130%. I'm not sure if those are optimal by any means but it was stable running prime95. For the ram I just simply set to it's XMP profile to run at 2400 MHz. Idle temp was about 32 celsius, under full load across all 6 cores/12 threads was 63 celsius. Pretty damn good IMO. :punk:
I tried for 4.6 GHz but it wouldn't get to desktop without BSOD'ing even with 1.35V.

r0k0

Folding Team
I don't get why evga sells cards with GeForce gtx in green and make a SLI bridge that lights up in blue.. :p

Slik

The thing I always wanted most from my rig is silence when gaming. This build does EXACTLY that. I played a few games for a few hours and couldn't hear anything from the case. No fan noise,cooler fan or pump noise...nothing. CPU temps never got over 58c. It's like this thing runs at idle all the time. I keep it at 4.5ghz 24/7. I am very very impressed with this case and the build Killswitch put together for me. The Swiftech H220 exceeded my expectations in every way. This is the best build Killswitch and I have done so far. Will there be another one? The answer is yes. I now have a Thermaltake Level 10 that needs to be filled with hardware. Now THAT one will be interesting. I'll keep you posted. Meantime, the Air 540 is everything I thought it would be and more. I highly recommend this case. The price is right too. One thing missing is a couple of fan filters. Can anyone here suggest some good magnetic dust filters? Thanks all.

Soullessone21

I don't get why evga sells cards with GeForce gtx in green and make a SLI bridge that lights up in blue.. :p

why not take the bridge apart and spray some green on the tips of the LED's or get green LED condoms(they exist not actually joking) I used to do that on my asus rigs where I wanted things to be red that lit up blue.

rjbarker

Very nice looking build guys, tidy. The Swiftech coolers are certainly the cats ass as far as AIO.

From what I have seen the 4930k certainly don't seem to OC to the same levels as the 3930k....odd....my 3930k:
4.7 Ghz 1.344v (Offset mode + .040v)
4.8 Ghz 1.388v (Offset mode + .070v)
4.9 Ghz 1.4v (Offset mode + .090v)

All above LL Calibration "Medium", vTT 1.15v, vDimm 1.55v
CPU 140%

Guess you'll be tearing it apart soon as I'm sure Slik will be eyeing the RIVE Black Edition ;)

Last edited:

Slik

why not take the bridge apart and spray some green on the tips of the LED's or get green LED condoms(they exist not actually joking) I used to do that on my asus rigs where I wanted things to be red that lit up blue.
I've read about people doing that too. Any idea what product I should get to color the LED's? Thanks Soullessone.

Latest posts