What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

somecanadianguy

:biggrin: Funny!

Couple more good tweaks for shadows.
A lot less jagged edges.

iShadowMapResolution=4096
fShadowBiasScale=0.1500
iShadowMaskQuarter=0

I also think iBlurDeferredShadowMask looks best between 3-5 with all the shadow tweaks, but that one is subjective.

Last edited:

keto

Man, the random encounters are amazing. Stumbled across a giant, which at my level isn't really a problem except that Lydia rushed in and got hit hard. I didn't see the full result, as I followed her in and beat down the giant. Then, I go wandering around the area looking for Lydia, when all of a sudden WHOMP she lands beside me, must have been wayyyyyyy up high in the air off the end of that giant's club. Reload the game, go to same area, no giant.

Had another one much earlier where I was scouting a camp, dragon was swooping down, and attacking a giant in the camp. Now, I was very low level, and didn't really want to solo either one of them, so I thought 'OK I'll let them beat each other down and go finish off the winner'. Thinking I was somewhat more scared of the giant, I rushed in and gave him a mighty swipe with my twig. He didn't even look at me. I backed off, the giant killed the dragon, I see the giant has about 25% health left, I figger 'aww yaaa I can do this'. Rush in, take a big cut, don't kill him, start backpedalling then whoops look ma, I can flyyyyyyyyyWHUMP. Reload the game, no giant, and the dragon cleared out all the bandits in the yard.

keto

I'm level 24 and have a caster partner now...she one shots just about everything, uses frost AOE. I just charge in, step to the side and wham. She's saved my bacon any number of times in a couple of hours having her along. PM if you want her location :)

Shadowmeph

My Lydia Died.... WTF
same here she has died twice first time was earlier on not sure how she died but I had to go to the load and load the game before she died , it just happened again last night I will have to go back and lad again before she dies.

Does anyone know how to use the Dragon souls so that I can unlock some more shouts that are locked?

bradleyg5

Pretty sure she only dies if you finish her off yourself. I killed her just now which was a surprise since I thought she only ever took a knee when near death.

Ok, I put like all of those settings in, noticeable difference, but is there anything in perticular I can LOWER to prevent frame drops when there is haze or smoke in dungeons?

it runs fine until there is any fog on screen then it dips below 30FPS and isn't really enjoyable.

Runs really well outdoors.

ipaine

Does anyone know how to use the Dragon souls so that I can unlock some more shouts that are locked?

If you have shouts that are locked then and have Dragon Souls to spend then just go into the magic menu then down to shouts. Just hover over the shout that needs unlocking and down at the bottom you will see it say press something to unlock. I can't actually remember which key it is but I think it might be R or something like that. I'll try to remember to look next time I have one to unlock.

WHere or how do i get another partner?

You can pay certain people in some of the bars to come with you. And also there is Lydia, who you get once/if you become thane of Whiterun. I'm sure there are more but I have yet to find them.

keto

Lydia and other partners can DEFINITELY die, if you want them back you have to load a save prior to their death. Or find a new partner, which is just a matter of exploring...plenty of people offer to help.

Yes, R to spend a dragon soul and unlock a new shout.

Latest posts