What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Hot Deals!!!!!

dragoonxx

It sounds like folks who did actually get some of the larger items (like speakers) ended up getting floor models which were pretty badly beat up.

This has got me wondering.... how big of an electronics section do these London Drug stores have that they'd have large floor standing speakers out on display (or even receivers powered up for display)?
the electronics section of the LD here is an "L" type shape- one leg of it is the computer electronics, then there's the TVs/etc and a small section for audio stuff, i'd guess the section overall is probably in the neighbourhood of 4-500 square feet (though... my guesstimate is probably WAY off... could be more just the actual home entertainment portion, i hardly ever go there)

sswilson

Staff member
I'm surprised. I was thinking more along the lines of the small(ish) side rooms that RCSS has which are designed around impulse buys as opposed to an actual electronics shopping destination.

As far as the dings and dents on a lot of the sale items from the 50% off goes... a warning that items might be open box or floor demos was featured prominently in the advertisements so it's not like they were doing any kind of bait and switch... my guess is that this is the way they clear out old and EOL stock prior to the new fiscal year.

Either way... I'm super happy with my $135 receiver and it sounds like everybody who ordered one got a BNIB receiver so there must be a new model coming out.

JD

Staff member
Either way... I'm super happy with my $135 receiver and it sounds like everybody who ordered one got a BNIB receiver so there must be a new model coming out.
Might have been "B-Stock" too, hard to know for certain. I know the X2400H I got from Gibby's a while back was "B-Stock" but the box looked brand new, smelled brand new, didn't have a scratch or any plastic missing either, yet it was a fair bit cheaper than "new".

sswilson

Staff member
Hrmmmm..... so the bell 4K box apparently spits out HDCP 2.X when it sees the compatible connection on the receiver, but of course the TV I"m plugging into it is only 1080p thus it fails the handshake......

Fortunately for me, this amp has a couple of 1.4 HDMI inputs which work around that.....

Prickly007

This has got me wondering.... how big of an electronics section do these London Drug stores have that they'd have large floor standing speakers out on display (or even receivers powered up for display)?
The electronics section of my local LD is about half the store
Size varies dramatically by store, older locations are pretty small.

no doubt the advertisement was left up to bring people in on the hopes the sales staff could redirect them to buy something that was in stock.
They tried that shit with me, item was not even on sale. But I lived up to my handle, prickly.

But you do see some good deals on the manager's special sales and the Black Friday & Boxing Day sales.
Manager prices also vary by store, as I found out.

sswilson

Staff member

Pretty hot deal on a budget android phone. $150 for a moto z3 play (also includes a free snap-on speaker mod?). What makes this hot is that it's a NA deal on a 4GB Ram phone which puts it on par with the aliexpress ones.

Site is apparently pretty slow at the moment (RFD Effect).

Bond007

Ryzen 7 2700 for 171$
I wanted to get a used r7 1700-1800 but this is a not brainer for new just to get a new cooler thats also RGB lolol
Additional good deals up right now:

ryzen 2600X for less than a 2600 @ $146 and free shipping

Or ryzen 3600X for less than the 3600 @ $240

justmehereajax