What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Nademon, my PPD is catching up to yours :biggrin:

These 285s are doing a nice job!

I'm getting a bit addicted to this folding thing now :sad:

I was absolutely sure I wasn't going to step up to the EVGA Classified, but the extra PCIE slot would allow me to run another card for PhysX+tri-SLI+moar PPD

This is insane!
Been there, done that. Actually still stuck in it! :haha:

4DoorGTZ

Well my second pair of GX2's have been 3 weeks to get from NB to AB, for $75us in shipping thats not acceptable. Ebay seller had his other pair of GX2's get sent back from S. Africa and is now sending them my way Express.... Wonder if his mailman is a folder, or if I'm gonna end up with 4 from him at some point... sigh at least the 1gx2 I got working is chugging along effortlessly.

LCB001

Well my second pair of GX2's have been 3 weeks to get from NB to AB, for $75us in shipping thats not acceptable. Ebay seller had his other pair of GX2's get sent back from S. Africa and is now sending them my way Express.... Wonder if his mailman is a folder, or if I'm gonna end up with 4 from him at some point... sigh at least the 1gx2 I got working is chugging along effortlessly.
I guess you would just have to build another Folding rig...:haha:

If not, I'm sure you would find lot's of Folder's here wanting them...

Silvgearx

SMP VS GPU client whats the difference?

SMP muti core GPU? while the gpu client for singles?:help:

Silvgearx

i see, thanks :thumb:

One more stupid question,

been eyeing an gtx 260 216 for some time. But since gtx 280 price are dropping, how much more PPD would a gtx 280 get?:help:

LCB001

i see, thanks :thumb:

One more stupid question,

been eyeing an gtx 260 216 for some time. But since gtx 280 price are dropping, how much more PPD would a gtx 280 get?:help:
To question is not stupid, thats how you learn.

Somebody like 3.0charlie could give a better answer since he's had both, but I would guess a 280 should be able to get somewhere around 800 to 1000 ppd more than a 260-216, it depends a lot on how high you crank the shaders and what WU you get...:thumb:

Nademon

Nademon, my PPD is catching up to yours :biggrin:

These 285s are doing a nice job!

I'm getting a bit addicted to this folding thing now :sad:

I was absolutely sure I wasn't going to step up to the EVGA Classified, but the extra PCIE slot would allow me to run another card for PhysX+tri-SLI+moar PPD

This is insane!

Man I knew it was just a matter of time before you came along and demolished my PPD. I can't compete with 3 285's! Your gonna be right near the top in no time. Next time you go bank robbing...maybe you could bring me along :ph34r:! Then I'll get some badass 285's too :biggrin:

LCB001

Man I knew it was just a matter of time before you came along and demolished my PPD. I can't compete with 3 285's! Your gonna be right near the top in no time. Next time you go bank robbing...maybe you could bring me along :ph34r:! Then I'll get some badass 285's too :biggrin:
As long as your GX2 behaves you should be doing ~19,000 to 22,000+ ppd when combined with the 4870X2 and the 8800gt. That's some pretty nice ppd.

If you get really desparate you could upgrade the 8800gt, that should be good for a quick fix...:haha:

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
To question is not stupid, thats how you learn.

Somebody like 3.0charlie could give a better answer since he's had both, but I would guess a 280 should be able to get somewhere around 800 to 1000 ppd more than a 260-216, it depends a lot on how high you crank the shaders and what WU you get...:thumb:
What he said is correct; I'd even say a tad more.

Latest posts