What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Ontario Liberal Majority

IRQ Conflict

Soooo, how long before Toronto looks like Detroit? I am still in shock over this. Do voters not know how badly they have been screwed by the Liberals? What is going on here?

sswilson

Staff member
Soooo, how long before Toronto looks like Detroit? I am still in shock over this. Do voters not know how badly they have been screwed by the Liberals? What is going on here?

You mean other than an outright rejection of far right anti union ideologically based policies? Would you have preferred an NDP victory over the liberals?

I give this thread less than half a day before somebody has to lock it......

muse108dc

honestly I still think youre better off than here in BC with Clark.... Voters are idiots, its why we have people like Harper and Clark

I'll admit thouigh I know nothing of politics in ontario so can't render judgment on the new government there.

IRQ Conflict

You mean other than an outright rejection of far right anti union ideologically based policies? Would you have preferred an NDP victory over the liberals?

I give this thread less than half a day before somebody has to lock it......
I would have liked to see the unions done away with, yes. I won't get into that here. Lets just say it's personal.

No, I would rather have had the conservatives take over. Far from perfect but the Liberals should make even the NDP, conservatives or really, a broken toaster look good in comparison.

AkG

You do realize SSW that most of the losses that made up the Lieberals majority came at the expense of the NDP?

For other peeps in ON....how?! Fine you dont like the PC...but you have THREE groups to choose from...and you choose the one that is the most corrupt? NDP had some decent ideas. Even the GREENIE WEENIES made more sense than the libs...yet the libs are the 'best' choice?

Truly "here is free money, vote for me not that scary bad man" wins every time. /sigh

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
You do realize SSW that most of the losses that made up the Lieberals majority came at the expense of the NDP?

For other peeps in ON....how?! Fine you dont like the PC...but you have THREE groups to choose from...and you choose the one that is the most corrupt? NDP had some decent ideas. Even the GREENIE WEENIES made more sense than the libs...yet the libs are the 'best' choice?

Truly "here is free money, vote for me not that scary bad man" wins every time. /sigh

Is that why both the NDP and Liberals gained seats while the PC party lost them?

I'm still trying to get my hands on the popular vote numbers.

edit: Certainly not an official record but best I can pull up for the moment Popular Vote Results in Ontario Provincial Elections ? Election Almanac# comparing this to last night's results shows that both the NDP and Liberals not only gained seats, they both gained in percentage of popular vote while the PCs lost 4%.

Last edited:

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Is that why both the NDP and Liberals gained seats while the PC party lost them?

I'm still trying to get my hands on the popular vote numbers.

Here you go.

NDP and Liberals gained seats, Cons lost seats.

Record-low turnout. Those who show up end up with greater power!

No, turnout was up from the record low 48~% in 2011 to 52%.

(inb4lock) :thumb:

Latest posts