What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Ontario Liberal Majority

WiseWilson

If we get rid of funding the cathloc school board it estimated the savings will be somewhere inbetween 1 and 1.6 billion, easiest way in the world to start curbing our deficit that has widespread support. The PCs ran on giving all faith based schools funding in the previous election and lost because of it. Conservitives are responsible for this and the previous liberal victories. All Hudak had to say was we need to balnce the budget and give his reasons why. I think we would have had a Conservitive minorty right now if his numbers for his budget and job plans had lined up.

Ontario is broke and sort of a have not province so Wynne will have to impose austerity. This will be possible to do with a majority its just a question if it will happen. Hudak looks like firing people was the reason he wanted to be premier. That said I was hoping for a minority and dreaming the parties would realize they have to work together because there was no way we could trust them with unlimmited power.

I voted green because of the idea of getting rid of the school board but mainly

Liberals were too corrupt
PC's were incomptent and bankrupt of real ideas to create jobs
NDP were out of touch and possibly insane thinking we wanted an election

LoTech

Folding Team
I am so glad I live where I do. Having said that I left Ontario a while ago, I visit often and just shake my head. My moms house in armpit nowhere Ontario has municipal taxes twice mine and she has no real services. Volunteer fire and no OPP. Every bag of garbage that goes out is 3$. The health services in rural areas basically suck as compared to Toronto. I for one was hoping to see Ontario get back in the black, that will not be the case now. Ms. Wynne has a lot of promises to keep, just like Dalton McGuinty, lets she if she can keep half of them as compared to him. Also with Hydro rates near all time high, I question whether the solar and wind program, about 2.3 Billion a year is making a difference. Other than to the people that first jumped on the band wagon and are getting 84 cents/ Kwh. Kinda makes your head spin with all the debt reductions and etesting extra charges. With a loss of 300,000 good jobs I wonder where the tax money will come to supply all those rosy social programs and pet projects. Funny just as Quebec throws out the old and starts down a new path good ole Toronto votes for the past. You have to have lots of tax payers to pay for all those civil service jobs, benefits and the lovely pensions. I sure hope interest rates don't rise before those 36 Billion in promises get completed. I should go now, sorry for the rant.:ph34r:

JoeOnePack

Banned
All this back and forth nonsense is just that, nonsense... At the end of the day, in the long run, it's still a lose lose situation. All the parties are too similar in stance to matter. Canada's political "choices" are shrinking. Politicians no matter from what party tell you to "do as I say, not as I do." They work in a different class than us peons and will do whatever they can to further their agenda and that agenda consists of more power and control through rules, regulations and taxes whether that are actually effective or not.

The conservatives are banning firearms away left right and center... These are Conservatives. Do you think the Liberals or NDP take a different stance? lol.. I think not.

Hate to say it, but a grass roots effort needs to happen and a new party needs to grow from the souls of the people who want government control out of our lives.

Look at UKIP in the UK. That is a party that grew from nothing and are now taking MAJORITIES. It is truly inspirational to watch.

*Someone brings up guns for no reason, sub-argument begins*

:)

AkG

Sounds general and anecdotal. I along with all my friends were taught pretty well in public school.

So you claim my response is anecdotal and thus doesn't matter....and back it up your statement with....wait for it..... anecdotal evidence. :doh:

The original schools were started by the Church (so that more people could read the word of god). In Cnd the only schools for the first hundred years were church run (look it up, even wikipedia will tell you that) schools. For the rest...dig through the various reports. A nice little trend develops. A good place to start is "grade inflation" which is a relatively new phenomenon that started right about the time non-sec schooling got into full swing. The nuns didnt give a rats ass about your feelings. If you failed you failed. Then the next year they watched you like a hawk and made sure you didnt fail again.... as that would be a personal affront to THEM. Do bureaucrats give two shits if you fail and fail and fail...as long as the overall avg is not brought down? Nope.

Please dont get me wrong the Church of the White God sucks. Its terrible, corrupt and all round is horrible. The only real redeeming value is that they know how to teach kids their ABCs.

Last edited:

LoTech

Folding Team
Hate to say it, but a grass roots effort needs to happen and a new party needs to grow from the souls of the people who want government control out of our lives.

Look at UKIP in the UK. That is a party that grew from nothing and are now taking MAJORITIES. It is truly inspirational to watch.

:)[/QUOTE]

I agree with Joe on this item. When you look at what happened to Saskatchewan after kicking the NDP out after ruling since 1991-2007. The new Saskatchewan Party took the reins not the Libs or the PC. Yes pro business but now its Polulation is growing over a Million and jobs galore. Same in Alberta we have the Wild Rose PArty that came out of the corruption of Ed Stelmach and Alison Redford. WE have had our share of idiots running the province since the time of Don Getty. But it did take harsh measures and austerity to right the balance sheet. In our case the Government and the people agreed. But I fret in Ontario's case the lenders will dictate the final outcome. I think your right though the Provincial Governments of Ontario are stale, inept and ruinous to future generations. Time for a big change and prosperity, rather than a downward spiral of higher taxes and fewer services. Good luck my eastern buddies hope you get what you want in the end and have decent leadership.

Kerry D

Of course, in the case of Alberta, it took high gas prices to eliminate the deficit. So the government offered a drilling bonus and now there are thousands of holes punched into the ground that have been plugged because gas prices have tanked. Please stop acting as if Alberta is some bastion of sound fiscal management. I've been here all my life, through the early 80's when oil prices crashed and the 00's when the prices crashed. If oil prices crash again like they did in the 80's we're going to see huge swaths of the cities being foreclosed on by the banks. Again.

ETA: Could you please tell me what you mean by the corruption of Ed Stelmach. I never liked him but most of the time when I see this it ends up meaning that he was going to raise the royalty rates, effectively ending a subsidy to oil and gas. So the oil and gas industry pushed back, we got Redford, then they decided that they needed a new party and Wild Rose appeared.

Last edited:
I am glad to see a woman and a gay woman for a change as our leader. Enough of corrupt degenerates. She has a solid personality, and I believe in her. She has proven to me that nothing is impossible. I am getting sick and tired of people not giving her a chance. I believe she will balance the budget in the years to come.

I am so very proud of being a Canadian and an Ontarion.

Lets compare leaders, our current Prime minster, is a joke. I fall asleep whenever he opens his mouth. No personality. He cannot motivate anyone, let alone a nation. That's not leadership, what have the conservatives done so brilliantly? They can thank Paul Martin, the budget was all balanced when they took over.

Anyways, it will be very nice if Kathleen will soon graduate into federal politics and run for the office as a federal leader.

Woooooooo!

Dwayne

I am glad to see a woman and a gay woman for a change as our leader. Enough of corrupt degenerates. She has a solid personality, and I believe in her. She has proven to me that nothing is impossible. I am getting sick and tired of people not giving her a chance. I believe she will balance the budget in the years to come.

I am so very proud of being a Canadian and an Ontarion.

Lets compare leaders, our current Prime minster, is a joke. I fall asleep whenever he opens his mouth. No personality. He cannot motivate anyone, let alone a nation. That's not leadership, what have the conservatives done so brilliantly? They can thank Paul Martin, the budget was all balanced when they took over.

Anyways, it will be very nice if Kathleen will soon graduate into federal politics and run for the office as a federal leader.

Woooooooo!

In a nutshell, the Liberal support base.

Latest posts