What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Rants etc.....

Valkyrie

Power outage killed my PC... Ugh. I hope it's just my psu and my 1080tis are fine.

That sucks! We have pretty clean consistent power in our neighbourhood, but we used to live in a bad power area. At that time we invested in decent UPS's and that has paid off in spades. It's really quite nice to sail through power bumps.

Well...hope it's just the power supply.:ph34r:

FreeKnight

That sucks! We have pretty clean consistent power in our neighbourhood, but we used to live in a bad power area. At that time we invested in decent UPS's and that has paid off in spades. It's really quite nice to sail through power bumps.

Well...hope it's just the power supply.:ph34r:

I bought a UPS a couple years ago and it's been a wise investment. Edmonton's power is pretty stable, but I've definitely had a couple brown outs in the last year or and a half and 1-2 power outs. Everything seems like it's been fine so far.

Lysrin

Dammit why...I love that keyboard...

Mostly because everyone copied the feature I would say. Who'd buy it when the other free options do it? Honestly since Google put some effort into their stock keyboard few versions back, including swiping that I use only occasionally, I haven't felt the need to use another keyboard.

mGz

I bought a UPS a couple years ago and it's been a wise investment. Edmonton's power is pretty stable, but I've definitely had a couple brown outs in the last year or and a half and 1-2 power outs. Everything seems like it's been fine so far.

Speaking of UPS's, I was just looking into some myself since I just purchased a new rig. I usually buy a power surge protector but I want something reliable. Any particular brands I should avoid? What about the wattage? What's a good number to go by?

Lpfan4ever

Dammit why...I love that keyboard...

They want to focus on their other stuff, which I understand. The fact that they've already nuked it from the Play Store is what bugged me. Gboard is missing some features that Swype does well so I'm not going to be switching anytime soon.

Lysrin

Speaking of UPS's, I was just looking into some myself since I just purchased a new rig. I usually buy a power surge protector but I want something reliable. Any particular brands I should avoid? What about the wattage? What's a good number to go by?

That might be a discussion worth starting in its own relevant thread. That is good info for people to have, interested myself as I only have powerbars, but people aren't likely to come across it in future in the middle of the rant thread :biggrin:

enaberif

They want to focus on their other stuff, which I understand. The fact that they've already nuked it from the Play Store is what bugged me. Gboard is missing some features that Swype does well so I'm not going to be switching anytime soon.

As I stated the only good keyboard I used was Swiftkey, but when they decided to require you to be signed into an account to use a basic color scheme... it pissed me off.

I use Gboard but the predictions are horrendous.

Latest posts