What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

3D Printer / CNC discussion thread

sswilson

Staff member
Just got the Creality magnetic bed "upgrade" in... haven't printed anything off on it yet, but it's a relatively easy install, and feels like it's well secured (Some of the complaints about newer versions were related to it not being well secured and having the surface slip during printing).

Still waiting on my MB to arrive.... I've got 14 days left on the (already extended once) delivery period and then up to 15 days after that lapses to file a claim.

lowfat

Staff member
Just got the Creality magnetic bed "upgrade" in... haven't printed anything off on it yet, but it's a relatively easy install, and feels like it's well secured (Some of the complaints about newer versions were related to it not being well secured and having the surface slip during printing).

Still waiting on my MB to arrive.... I've got 14 days left on the (already extended once) delivery period and then up to 15 days after that lapses to file a claim.

What kind of shipping method did you get? I got both of the boards I ordered.

sswilson

Staff member
It's listed as epacket, but the tracking for the order has been broken from day one. I wouldn't be surprised if it's just something that got lost during the shutdown.... I put this order in before the Chinese New Year and it didn't actually list as being shipped until after I gave it an extension.

Not a big deal.... It's under $30 and these are "interesting" times.... :)

sswilson

Staff member
Heh.... damn.....

Note to self..... don't print any more single layer lines to this bloody print surface!!!!! (Crap is damn near impossible to get off...... :( ).

danmitch1

Heh.... damn.....

Note to self..... don't print any more single layer lines to this bloody print surface!!!!! (Crap is damn near impossible to get off...... :( ).
If you have the same bed i have, ive been setting my initial layer height to 0.28 to make it easier to remove the purge line, skirts and brims.

sswilson

Staff member
I may have to look into that. I was able to remove most of the single layer stuff that came about from doing a square level check print job by re-doing the print and letting it continue on for 5 layers. But yeah... brims and/or skirts would still be a problem, although it's adhering so well that I'm wondering if I'd ever need a skirt or brim.

danmitch1

In my short experience, the skirts help get a good flow of plastic running before the actual print, I actually doubled the default line count as it really helps get things started. Im using brims to help hold up extremely thin based parts, but Z hop has really helped that from being an issue, still good insurance against the print head knocking over tall thin models.

Entz

How strong is the top of the sheet (I am not familiar with it), can you use a scraper?

+1 for Skirts (still waiting on the long jacket option in Cura)

Latest posts