What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

General Home Automation / Home Assistant thread

lowfat

Staff member
Had a problem with the ESPHome devices disconnecting from HA. Didn't fret too long before converting it to the same style MQTT as the Airthings stuff.
Any idea why? I have at least 20 ESPHome devices and have had zero issues. Well besides the fact that the ESP32's will drop from the Ruckus AP. I guess for sensors it doesn't really matter. But for lights, the native connection is significantly faster.

Ziploc

Hiya, clone the github here: https://github.com/zhoulander/Powermon433MQTT
Compile the .INO file and upload it to your UNO, plug it into your Pi, and edit and run the Python script to reflect your own MQTT server address.

The steps in the readme should be straight forward as long as you have a little bit of Linux experience (file editing, installing Python, finding your Arduino COM port)

If you have Home Assistant and are using the add-on store MQTT Broker make sure you follow the documentation on how to allow anonymous logins and how to setup unrestricted access to all topics via the ACL files.
I've got the JSON going over serial now. Thanks for posting this information because I'm not sure I would have found out about it otherwise.

I'm going to see if I can get away with plugging the UNO directly into my HomeAssistant server and reading the JSON data through serial that way.

Latest posts

Twitter