What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Let's go Team !!

stoanee

Folding Team
Down clocked below stock?

If so I'd RMA it, since after all you paid to use the CUDA fonctions on the card, and even at stock, they are not stable. Just a thought! :thumb:

That thought crossed my mind, I have another BNIB MSI 460 that I will pop in and compare results.

ADay2Long

But I have to say I had a hard time getting my 450 and 460 folding on stable and at 99-100%, both MSI Cyclone, I suspect it was more of a driver/gpu client issues since they are fairly new, but I've read about someone having the same problems as you on the folding forums.

I think in the end the guy down clocked his ram only since it has a minor impact on folding and kept the rest at stock.

Now all my cards are folding happily and OCed.

Xeven

Does the "completed time" count as the time when the WU data is finished uploading to the server (as opposed to the start of upload)? My P2685 made it on time (apparently), but they only awarded it the minimum points. Basically lost 3 days of work.

Last edited:

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Does the "completed time" count as the time when the WU data is finished uploading to the server (as opposed to the start of upload)? My P2685 made it on time (apparently), but they only awarded it the minimum points. Basically lost 3 days of work.

Yeah, bigadv's take a while to upload. Stanford credits you as completed when the WU is fully uploaded, not when it is fully folded (100%). Plus, the bonus points are calculated off either how fast you folded it, or (depending how you look at it) how much time remains before the deadline. Either way, upload time is taken in to account.

sswilson

Staff member
Just got 2 more 450's in this afternoon... should be pumping out an extra 20 - 25K PPD before the end of the night. ;)

edit: awww crap!!!! Betcha this knocks the stuffing out of my 450s.... (460+ owners rejoice!!! ;) ).

Folding Forum • View topic - GPU3/Fermi projects p6800 and p6811 on adv

These are -adv from the looks of it, and I believe the 912/925 WUs are no longer considered beta, so removing the -advmethods switch will probably keep them away until they go into the regular pool of WUs.

Last edited:

_dangtx_

Banned
hey ss did you manage to get a kill a watt? :)

shader oc vs clock oc should show some nice numbers on them 450's.

ADay2Long

woah ..

8900 PPD, OCed 450 on a 1298 credit .... :sad: TPF 2 mins

and 7202 credit, looks like a TPF of 14 mins :blarg: still don't know the PPD

chrisk

Folding Captain
Just got 2 more 450's in this afternoon... should be pumping out an extra 20 - 25K PPD before the end of the night. ;)

edit: awww crap!!!! Betcha this knocks the stuffing out of my 450s.... (460+ owners rejoice!!! ;) ).

Folding Forum • View topic - GPU3/Fermi projects p6800 and p6811 on adv

These are -adv from the looks of it, and I believe the 912/925 WUs are no longer considered beta, so removing the -advmethods switch will probably keep them away until they go into the regular pool of WUs.

Yup it is just a matter of time before all those extra cores were going to be utilized on the 460s. I still think the 768mb 460s are the better long-term investment for folders. Will be interesting to see how the 470 I have handles them.