What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Asus Z690 Hero boards catching fire

ZeroFlux

Well, ASUS now has my mother board so now we get to see how long the turnaround is for them and what they send back.

I am expecting it to take awhile but I would expect a brand new MB in return since it was there issue and I send in my brand new MB.

sswilson

Staff member
Not suggesting that this is what they should do, but I wonder if it would be physically possible for them to replace/repair the cap on site or if it would have to go to a site for specialized motherboard component replacement?

Nobody wants a repaired motherboard in exchange for a faulty BNIB one.

rjbarker

Well, ASUS now has my mother board so now we get to see how long the turnaround is for them and what they send back.

I am expecting it to take awhile but I would expect a brand new MB in return since it was there issue and I send in my brand new MB.

You just maybe pleasantly surprised with the turnaround.....I had a brand new Rampage IV Extreme with a dead Memory slot....shipped it off to Asus and received a bnib within a week....

Even my Evga 3080Ti that fried was replaced within 9 days of shipping faulty GPU to California....

ZeroFlux

I sure hope so but I have a feeling this wasn’t a one off run and they produced a lot of these boards making replacements hard to come by right now.

rjbarker

I sure hope so but I have a feeling this wasn’t a one off run and they produced a lot of these boards making replacements hard to come by right now.

Yeah just had a quick look at the regular haunts and dont see nay Hero Boards available...never know their maybe a supply of them at the Canadian Warehouse....

ZeroFlux

ME has quiet a few in stores, makes me wonder if those are returns just showing up in inventory as I don’t see them anywhere else…

ZeroFlux

Def a much bigger issue than ASUS is letting on to. The estimate I just received was 4 weeks or more so I dont think this was a small run of boards that got in to the channel.

Sucks not being able to do anything but wait, if I could have atleast returned the board I could easily grab the board below or the apex board or really any other board.

ZeroFlux

So the response from ASUS on asking about options with a 4 week eta and was go buy another mother board…

Great support for your mistake ASUS…

Latest posts